- You will need your passport for financial transactions in
- A valid passport is needed to enter Colombia.
- Citizens from most european and american countries
visiting Colombia do not require a visa and can stay up to 3 months. Citizens of certain
countries require a visa to enter Colombia. Be on the safe side. Check here to see if you need a visa!
- For a list of foreign consulates and embassies in Colombia click here.
- Foreign currency (cash or traveler checks) can be
exchanged at airports, change bureaus, banks and hotels.
- ATM's around the country accept cards linked to
international banking networks like like Cirrus, Master Card, American Express and Visa.
- Banks operate in Bogota Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. -
3:00 p.m. and in the rest of the country 8:00 a.m. - l l :30 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. -
4:30 p.m. On the last business day of every month, banks close earlier, at 12 noon.
- Credit cards are widely accepted in restaurants, hotels,
travel agencies and shops.
- 5 international airpots in Colombia: Bogotá, Medellín,
Cali, Barranquilla and Cartagena; 74 regional airports serve the smaller cities.
- Various international airlines fly from all over the
world to colombia, e.g. Air France, American Airlines, Avensa, British Airways,
Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Avianca, Iberia, Lan Chile, Lufthansa, Mexicana de
Aviación, Copa, Taca,etc.
- Electrical voltage is 110 volts, totally compatible with
the U.S. standard.
- There is no mandatory vaccination requirements to enter
the country, although if you are planning to visit the selvatic region it is recommended
to have vaccinations against tetanus and yellow fever.
- Christmas time and the following weeks are high-season,
so reservations for accommodations and flights have to be done in advance.
- If you plan to visit any natural reserve parks, a permit
is needed. It can be obtained from the Special Administrative Unit of the Ministerio del Medio Ambiente.
Feria de Cali
Feria de Manizales
Festival de Blancos y Negros
Carnaval de Barranquilla
Bullfighting Season in Bogota
Tourism Fair (Anato)
Find events and celebrations taking place across